Doosan Construction Equipment will display two of the company’s most popular excavator models for the rental industry on its booth – 5301 – at the Anaheim Convention Center during The American Rental Association Show in Anaheim, California, USAfrom 17-20 February 2019.
The Doosan®DX85R-3 and DX140LC-5 excavators will be on-site during the show, and Doosan staff will be available to walk visitors through the capabilities of the machines. As a member of the increasingly popular 8 tonne class of excavators, the DX85R-3 is the perfect rental machine for a contractor who needs a compact excavator but has a job that calls for a slightly heavier piece of equipment that can still be easily towed. The DX140LC-5 is a 14 tonne, conventional tail swing excavator known for its trusted reliability – a chief concern for rental companies.
The DX85R-3 comes standard with rubber tracks to minimize ground disturbance. The DX140LC-5 will be outfitted with rubber pads on its steel tracks, which is an optional feature that enables operators to minimize damage when working on concrete or asphalt. They will also both be equipped with a hydraulic quick coupler, which allows operators to change the excavator attachments without leaving their seats.
DX85R-3 Compact Excavator
The Doosan DX85R-3 is a powerful machine which leads the industry in bucket force but is also light enough to be easily moved between worksites by most contractors. Its reduced tail swing design allows operators to work in tight spaces, and its excellent slew performance makes it an ideal machine for working on slopes.
The DX85R-3 offers best-in-class cycle times due to its cylinders, which are sized precisely to match pump capacities. It offers smooth, predictable operation with fingertip boom swing control via a simple thumb switch on the left joystick. The comfortable joystick controls reduce hand fatigue and include two way auxiliary hydraulic control.
Inside the cab, a multi-language deluxe colour panel displays fuel level, coolant temperature, day/time, throttle position and engine rpm. Operators can select auxiliary hydraulic flow modes and rates from the panel. For increased security, an integrated password protection system may be used to help prevent theft.
DX140LC-5 Crawler Excavator
The Doosan DX140LC-5 excavator is designed for long life with an extra-sturdy frame and reinforced superstructure. The conventional tail swing overhang on LC models gives the operator strength and leverage for general construction and traditional excavating applications. The DX140LC-5 comes standard with permanently sealed and lubricated track links, and the workgroup bushings and hard-wear disks are designed for reliability as well as extended service intervals to increase uptime.
A standard 7-inch liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen allows operators to continue monitoring the excavator parameters while viewing the rear view or side view camera images. Critical machine data appears next to the camera view. With the standard side camera, a split screen allows both camera displays to be viewed at once.
To help save valuable diesel fuel, auto shutdown is standard to help owners save fuel during non-working conditions. Operators can configure the idle time from 3 to 60 minutes. When enabled, the feature will shut down the excavator’s engine when the preset idle time is met.
Attachment: Quick Coupler
Doosan hydraulic quick couplers provide a more durable, reliable and convenient means to change attachments and increase overall productivity.Manufactured using extra high strength steel, the Doosan hydraulic quick coupler has an optimized weight as well as increased durability to enhance the excavator performance and overall productivity. The simple design has no greasing requirements, which means less maintenance and fewer replacement parts.
Brief specifications for the Doosan DX140LC-5 excavator
- Buckets:0.24 – 0.76 m3
- Operating weight:14400 – 14800 kg
- Digging depth (std front):6135 mm
- Digging reach (std front):8665 mm
- Digging height (std front):8745 mm
- Track width (std):600 mm
- Overall width:2590 mm
- Height (std front):3065 mm
- Overall length in travel position (std front): 7640 mm
- Tail swing radius:2205 mm
- Drawbar pull:14600 kg
- Digging force over bucket (ISO):11.1 t
- Digging force over arm (ISO):6.0 t
- Lifting capacity at max reach (over front):2.38 t
- Travel speed:Low range – 3 km/h; High range – 5 km/h
- Engine (SAE J1995): Perkins 1204F engine, 84.5 kW (113 HP) at 2000 rpm
Brief specifications – Doosan DX85R-3 excavator
- Buckets: 0.20-0.28 m3
- Operating weight (inccab/rubber tracks/long arm):8600kg
- Digging depth:4175mm (1.7 m arm)/4625 mm (2.25 m arm)
- Digging reach:6915 mm (1.7 m arm)/7430 mm (2.25 m arm)
- Dump height:4645mm (1.7 m arm)/4995 mm (2.25 m arm)
- Digging force over bucket (ISO): 6.3 t
- Digging force over arm (ISO):4.4 t (1.7 m arm)/3.7 t (2.25 m arm)
- Boom swing (L/R): 70°/55°
- Rear swing radius: 1300 mm
- Track shoe width: 450 mm
- Travel speedlow range – 2.7 km/h
- high range – 4.7 km/h
- Auxiliary hydraulic flow:151l/min
- Traction force: 6.6 t
- Ground pressure (rubber/steel tracks): 0.39 kPa
- Engine:Yanmar 4TNV98C
Displacement 3319 cc
Stage IIIB compliant 44.3 kW @ 2100 rpm
- Overall dimensions: 2655 mmhigh x 2300 mm wide x 6165 mm long in travel position