Designed with contractors and hirers in mind, the 3-tonne electric dumper offers the same build quality, robust design and engineering excellence that is ubiquitous across the Thwaites range.
Thwaites General Sales Manager, Andy Sabin said, “As the demand for cleaner alternative fuel sources grows, we are keen to ensure we offer a quality product that delivers for our customers, their clients and the environment.”
- Four maintenance free, long-life, lithium-ion (dry-cell) batteries, operating at 48V.
- Rated at 5.75kWh each battery provides the power to drive the machine.
- Two highly efficient electric motors deliver the traction and hydraulic services.
Combining to give the operator the control and manoeuvrability expected from a Thwaites dumper.
The electric drive dumper has a similar unladen weight when compared to the diesel/hydrostatic version. The main battery pack and driveline components, now sit low in the rear chassis, lowering the centre of gravity when compared to the hydrostatic drive machine, further improving machine stability.
Critically, the battery pack will complete a full 8-hour shift of `normal site operation’ from a single charge.
- The standard on-board 3.4kW battery charger can charge the pack from 0-100% in 8hrs.
- Optional off-board chargers rated at 7kW (single-phase) and 22kW (three-phase) have charge times of 4hrs and 2hrs, respectively.
Andy Sabin concluded “The 3-Tonne electric dumper will provide for the rental market, a cleaner, quieter, alternative, giving contractors options to use the machine in more urban refurbishment settings.”